Sunday, December 17, 2023

The Code Breaker: Jennifer Doudna, Gene Editing, and the Future of the Human Race By Walter Isaacson

 I am adding this here just to remember this book. As one gets older, memories become more like tiny pieces of cloud that we try to catch before it fades. I had read this fascinating real story in one sitting almost. But now, a month or so later I couldn't quite remember what was that book I had read with such passion. Took some effort but I have managed to grab that memory back and has now deposited it into the core memory. At least I think so.

It is a great read about the long history of research that resulted in the groundbreaking work of gene editing by Nobel prize winner Jennifer Doudna and team at UC Berkeley, California. Isaacson starts at the earliest spot of research done in this field and ties together various coincidences and efforts of the scientific community across the world with surprising clarity. Then he weaves the life of Doudna into this whole scenario to take it to the astounding conclusion that we all know of . A must read.

No comments: